Coordinator Prof Frank Barry has had a busy few months in 2019 sharing news and updates on the ADIPOA-2 project. Audiences include scientists, clinicians, biotech industrialists and patient organizations.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud aoife contributed a whooping 40 entries.
Entries by aoife
Last week, Dr Yves-Marie Pers was an invited speaker at the University of Los Andes in Santiago, Chile. There, he delivered a talk entitled “Osteoarthritis and immunomodulation with stem cells” to a group of 40 researchers. ADIPOA-2 was acknowledged in the presentation.
Congratulations to the team of Maxime Ruiz, Karine Toupet, Marie Maumus, Pauline Rozier, Christian Jorgensen and Daniéle Noel for the publication of the paper “TGFBI secreted by mesenchymal stromal cells ameliorates osteoarthritis and is detected by extracellular vesicles.” The open access paper published in Biomaterials 226 (2020) 119544 was made available online on 11 October […]
ADIPOA-2 PI Yves-Marie Pers, M.D., PhD. of INSERM Montpellier gave an oral presentation at the International Society for Cell and Gene Therapy (ISCT) meeting in Mexico City on 23 October 2019. The title of his talk was “Mesenchymal stem cells: from bench to bedside” where ADIPOA-2 was presented and acknowledged. Approximately 200 people attended Yves’ talk. […]
The ADIPOA-2 consortium met for a plenary meeting on September 3, 2019, in Dublin. This was a critical meeting to assess progress, obstacles and achievements in the ADIPOA2 clinical trial. Every partner in the clinical, manufacturing and scientific arenas was represented. Some key points have emerged during this project summit meeting on which all the […]
Congratulations to the ADIPOA-2 team at the Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli di Bologna for their latest publication in the Journal of Orthopaedic Research: “Osteoarthritic milieu affects adipose-derived mesenchymal stromal cells”. The research was conducted by the team of C Manferdini, F Paolella, E Gabusi, L Cattini, M Rojewski, H Schrezenmeier, O Addimanda, R Meliconi, G Lisignoli. […]
ADIPOA-2 researchers at the Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute in Bologna, Dr Gina Lisignoli and Dr Cristina Manferdini of the Laboratory di Immuno-rheumatology and Tissue Regeneration have presented two ADIPOA-2 studies at the 10th Stem Cell Research Italy meeting. Hosted in Napoli, the meeting took place on June 5-7, 2019. Dr Manfredini was awarded the first prize for the […]
The HRB Clinical Research Facility Galway in Ireland hosted a public event to celebrate International Clinical Trials Day on May 20th 2019. Exhibition stands were on display and informational meetings were held throughout the day to inform the public of all areas of clinical research being undertaken at the facility. A particular stand was dedicated to […]
The study “IL-1β-mediated activation of adipose-derived mesenchymal stromal cells results in PMN reallocation and enhanced phagocytosis. A possible mechanism for the reduction of osteoarthritis pathology” by the team of Stephanie C.M. van Dalen, Arjen B. Blom, Birgitte Walgreen, Annet W. Slöetjes, Monique M.A. Helsen, Edwin J.W. Geven, Thomas Vogl, Johannes Roth, Fons A.J. van de […]
Our partners at the Centre for Cell Manufacturing Ireland (CCMI) based at the National University of Ireland Galway have organized a workshop series: “Selection, Validation and Implementation of Rapid Microbiological Methods for ATMPs“. This event will take place in Galway, Ireland on the 12th and 13th of June 2019. For more information, download the flyer here.
- Prof Frank Barry, NUI Galway presents ADIPOA-2 across 8 international foraOctober 29, 2019 - 8:52 am
- INSERM PI Dr Yves-Marie Pers presents ADIPOA-2 at U of Los Andes in ChileOctober 25, 2019 - 9:34 am
- ADIPOA-2 publication in Biomaterials journalOctober 24, 2019 - 10:38 am
- ADIPOA-2 presented by PI Yves-Marie Pers at ISCT 2019 in MexicoOctober 24, 2019 - 10:06 am
- Pintail hosts ADIPOA-2 plenary meeting, 3 September 2019 in DublinOctober 3, 2019 - 9:31 am
- New ADIPOA-2 publication from Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli di BolognaAugust 29, 2019 - 12:33 pm
- IOR researchers present ADIPOA-2 at Stem Cell Research Italy meeting; Dr Manferdini takes first prizeAugust 28, 2019 - 5:54 pm
- International Clinical Trials Day 2019, GalwayJune 10, 2019 - 11:02 am
- Radboud University Medical Centre publish ADIPOA-2 studyMay 28, 2019 - 9:25 am
- ADIPOA-2 work featured in Italian health magazine “Viversani”March 25, 2019 - 1:55 pm
- Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute researchers present ADIPOA-2 widelyMarch 25, 2019 - 8:44 am
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 643809. The material presented and views expressed here are the responsibility of the author(s) only. The EU Commission takes no responsibility for any use made of the information set out.