‘Mesenchymal stem cells derived exosomes and microparticles protect cartilage and bone from degradation in osteoarthritis’ by authors: Stella Cosenza, Maxime Ruiz, Karine Toupet, Christian Jorgensen & Danièle Noël was published online on 24 November 2017 in the open access Nature publication Scientific Reports. Abstract: Mesenchymal stem or stromal cells (MSCs) exert chondroprotective effects in preclinical models of osteoarthritis (OA). Most […]
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud aoife contributed a whooping 41 entries.
ADIPOA-2 researchers at NUI Galway exhibited at the Galway Science and Technology Forum on 26 November 2017. In excess of 20,000 people attended the exhibition day. The NUI Galway regenerative medicine stand was the brainchild of Dr Siobhán Gaughan who works across several EU-funded stem cell projects coordinated at NUI Galway. Researchers Georgina Shaw, Amy Burke […]
Does it help your fitness to have an event as a goal when you are training? Can cartoons and comics help children to achieve better results in tests? How would you even find out? Dr Siobhán Gaughan, NUI Galway Programmme Manager of ADIPOA-2, VISICORT and AUTOSTEM was on hand at the awards ceremony for a […]
Hosted by Leiden University Medical Center, the EU MSC2 2017 meeting in Leiden, NL on September 12th and 13th will assemble twelve EU-funded, mesenchymal stromal cell-focussed consortia. Projects to be presented include: REDDSTAR, REACH, Nephstrom, SCIENCE, VISICORT and Adipoa-2, AUTOSTEM, BOOSTB4, SEPCELL, RESSTORE, RETHRIM, Stellar, MERLIN, and RESPINE. This two day, interactive meeting will be held at the Stadsgehoorzaal Leiden. Three overarching aspects of the EU-MSC2 meeting include: mechanisms […]
ADIPOA2 partners Evangelisches Waldkrankenhaus Spandau today announced the enrollment of the first patients in the German arm of the ADIPOA2 trial.
The ADIPOA2 has successfully secured regulatory approval for the Italian part of its clinical trial. Click here and here to see some of the coverage of this exciting news in the Italian media.
ADIPOA2’s Italian partners, Instituto Ortopedico Rizzoli de Bologna, announce the launch of the Italian arm of the ADIPOA2 trial. Click here for a copy of IOR’s press release.
ADIPOA2 researchers Prof. Frank Barry and Dr Mary Murphy (NUIG) attended the 13th World Congress of the International Cartilage Repair Society in Sorrento, Italy, on 24th – 27th September. The work of the ADIPOA2 project was highlighted during the conference sessions.
ADIPOA2 was one of a number of projects discussed at the A FACTT meeting in Galway this week. A FACTT is an Action to Focus and Accelerate Cell-based Tolerance-Inducing Therapies, funded through the COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) Programme. The meeting is being hosted by NUIG and runs from 5-7 October.
- New research award to our partners at RadboudumcFebruary 21, 2020 - 1:15 pm
- Prof Frank Barry, NUI Galway presents ADIPOA-2 across 8 international foraOctober 29, 2019 - 8:52 am
- INSERM PI Dr Yves-Marie Pers presents ADIPOA-2 at U of Los Andes in ChileOctober 25, 2019 - 9:34 am
- ADIPOA-2 publication in Biomaterials journalOctober 24, 2019 - 10:38 am
- ADIPOA-2 presented by PI Yves-Marie Pers at ISCT 2019 in MexicoOctober 24, 2019 - 10:06 am
- Pintail hosts ADIPOA-2 plenary meeting, 3 September 2019 in DublinOctober 3, 2019 - 9:31 am
- New ADIPOA-2 publication from Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli di BolognaAugust 29, 2019 - 12:33 pm
- IOR researchers present ADIPOA-2 at Stem Cell Research Italy meeting; Dr Manferdini takes first prizeAugust 28, 2019 - 5:54 pm
- International Clinical Trials Day 2019, GalwayJune 10, 2019 - 11:02 am
- Radboud University Medical Centre publish ADIPOA-2 studyMay 28, 2019 - 9:25 am
- ADIPOA-2 work featured in Italian health magazine “Viversani”March 25, 2019 - 1:55 pm
- Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute researchers present ADIPOA-2 widelyMarch 25, 2019 - 8:44 am
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 643809. The material presented and views expressed here are the responsibility of the author(s) only. The EU Commission takes no responsibility for any use made of the information set out.