The ADIPOA2 team met in Bologna on June 20-21, hosted by the Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli. The team shared updates on all aspects of the project, including regulatory engagement, planning for the clinical trial, research on the mechanism of action of ASCs, and the dissemination and exploitation of the project’s results. The picture below shows the ADIPOA2 […]
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud aoife contributed a whooping 41 entries.
Featuring beautiful hand-drawn animations and interviews with leading stem cell scientists, STEM CELL REVOLUTIONS charts the history and scientific evolution of stem cell research – from the earliest experiments that first revealed stem cells in the body, to leading current scientific and clinical developments. Watch the trailer here Question & answer session to follow led by Profs […]
ADIPOA-2 researchers participated in the EU-MSC2 meeting in Leiden on the 7th and 8th of September 2015 The two-day meeting brought together researchers from nine EU-funded projects pursuing MSC research. In addition to REDDSTAR, other projects represented at the meeting included REDDSTAR, Stellar, RETHRIM, REACH, VISICORT, MERLIN,SCIENCE and NEPHSTROM. After a welcome from Henri Lenferink, Mayor of Leiden, […]
The Regenerative Medicine Institute (REMEDI) at NUI Galway was delighted to host a visit by winning essay writers from St Nathy’s College, Ballaghdereen, Co. Roscommon. Each of the winning students had written an essay on the topic of stem cell, outlining the history of their discovery, and their potential to revolutionise the treatment of a […]
A recent front page article in the Sunday Express reports on the ADIPOA-2 project.
Prevention of progression of Osteoarthritis will improve the lives of millions of sufferers Tuesday, 12th May 2015: The Sports Surgery Clinic in Santry has today announced it’s participation in the ADIPOA-2 stem cell trial for Osteoarthritis (OA), the aim of which is to find treatment(s) for the disease and prevent it’s progression. This large-scale clinical […]
The launch of ADIPOA2, which includes Dutch partner, has created interest in news outlets in the Netherlands. See examples of coverage at http://www.nu.nl/gezondheid/4065072/ziekenhuizen-testen-behandeling-artrose-met-stamcellen.html https://fysioforum.nl/2015/06/09/onderzoek-naar-stamcelbehandeling-voor-knieartrose/ http://www.omroepgelderland.nl/nieuws/2094435/Radboudumc-partner-in-vernieuwend-reuma-onderzoek ADIPOA2 has also been publicised by the Dutch Arthritis Foundation, Reumafonds http://www.reumafonds.nl/actueel/nieuwsoverzicht/stamcelbehandeling-voor-knieartrose-onderzocht RUMC press release: Persbericht Nijmegen, 09 juni 2015 Europese subsidie van bijna 6 miljoen euro voor innovatieve therapie […]
Jessica Hayes, a postdoctoral researcher from NUI, Galway, who has been involved in ADIPOA2 since proposal stage, is among a group of Irish researchers who have been recognised by the Irish Research Council for the excellence of their research. The six exceptional early stage career researchers under the age of 35 will, later this month, […]
Our sister project REDDSTAR and Leiden University Medical Center are co-organizing EU MSC2 2015, a meeting in Leiden, NL on September 7th and 8th to bring together nine EU-funded, mesenchymal stromal cell-focussed consortia. Projects include: REDDSTAR, REACH, RETHRIM, Stellar, MERLIN, Nephstrom, SCIENCE, VISICORT and Adipoa-2. This two day, interactive meeting will be held at the […]
A large-scale clinical trial using adult stem cells to treat knee osteoarthritis is expected to be underway across Europe by the end of 2015. Almost €6 million has been granted to the project ‘ADIPOA-2’ by the EU’s Horizon 2020 research funding programme. The project will include 18 partners from Ireland, France, the UK, Germany, Italy […]
- New research award to our partners at RadboudumcFebruary 21, 2020 - 1:15 pm
- Prof Frank Barry, NUI Galway presents ADIPOA-2 across 8 international foraOctober 29, 2019 - 8:52 am
- INSERM PI Dr Yves-Marie Pers presents ADIPOA-2 at U of Los Andes in ChileOctober 25, 2019 - 9:34 am
- ADIPOA-2 publication in Biomaterials journalOctober 24, 2019 - 10:38 am
- ADIPOA-2 presented by PI Yves-Marie Pers at ISCT 2019 in MexicoOctober 24, 2019 - 10:06 am
- Pintail hosts ADIPOA-2 plenary meeting, 3 September 2019 in DublinOctober 3, 2019 - 9:31 am
- New ADIPOA-2 publication from Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli di BolognaAugust 29, 2019 - 12:33 pm
- IOR researchers present ADIPOA-2 at Stem Cell Research Italy meeting; Dr Manferdini takes first prizeAugust 28, 2019 - 5:54 pm
- International Clinical Trials Day 2019, GalwayJune 10, 2019 - 11:02 am
- Radboud University Medical Centre publish ADIPOA-2 studyMay 28, 2019 - 9:25 am
- ADIPOA-2 work featured in Italian health magazine “Viversani”March 25, 2019 - 1:55 pm
- Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute researchers present ADIPOA-2 widelyMarch 25, 2019 - 8:44 am
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 643809. The material presented and views expressed here are the responsibility of the author(s) only. The EU Commission takes no responsibility for any use made of the information set out.